Sunday, June 20, 2010

What's HOT at The Hen House besides our 90+ temperatures...it is painted furniture !
   I am having a love hate relationship with my old building right now. I love the history-the ambiance etc, etc...but these days and this heat-let's just say--the girl goes home at the end of the day feeling like some of our chippy painted objects. Feel like I am a bit "weathered" if you will. But...my wonderful customers and dealers keep me remembering why I love this business so. When I see a customers excitement over finding that perfect treasure and then when my dealers bring in awesome merchandise that just makes my heart melt (oh bad choice of words) - I become charged with renewed energy !
           Let me take a moment of a little show and share since speaking of painted hot furniture--take a peak at a few treasures just in at TFH...

How about this fabulous three drawer chest? All original paint-all five or more colors--is this fab or what!






Then we have this great Lilly Pulitzer inspired bookcase painted in a wonderful turquoise with lime green side panels and just this slighest bit of distressing-just plain fun!
OR...feeling like a dreamsicle (ohhh...does that sound good, cool and refreshing )-sorry ,it must be the heat! Check out this great vintage Duncan Phyfe table that had some serious vaneer issues so distressed dreamsicle tangerine was one dealers answer-how fun huh?!

Of coarse the fun rich colors are not all -fall in love with these -I know I sure have!

Talent abounds at Three French Hens ! We are filled with so many more fun finds . Now I find myself inspired  -cooled off-feeling like I want to get hot with a paint brush myself...you just can't ever make a woman content ! Oh well.....here is hoping you are inspired~


 

1 comment:

  1. these things are older but it is most beautiful than newer one
    ______________________________________
    Cheap Hotels Kanyakumari|Kanyakumari Hotels|Kanyakumari temples

    ReplyDelete